Re: Atari board questions

From: Jeff Anderson <mayday19_at_idt.net>
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 21:26:37 EST

> 1) Is Xybots a single board or multiple board set?

it may have a seperate sound board.. otherwise there is only 1 board.

> 2) Anyone ever heard of a board/game named Jaws? It's from the 70's and I
> don't see it in KLOV.

Atari made it in '75. Actually its called Shark Jaws, and it was released
under the name of "horror games" instead of Atari.

> 3) Anyone ever heard of a board/game named Bear? That's the only name I
> can find on the board. Again, it's from the 70's and not in KLOV.

Probably Atari Triple hunt. which has 3 DIPswitch selectable games,
Hit the Bear, Witch Hunt, and Racoon hunt. Is there a ribbon cable
going across the board?

> 4) I found a Nutting board. Any way to identify what game it's from?

If its a computer space board I'l be able to identify it by a picture..
I've never seen any other nutting boards but I'm assuming they are all
single boards instead of a cage like CS. The boards in CS are about 6X9?
One edge is almost completly a card edge connector. CS uses a cage of 3
boards for 1-player and 4 boards for the 2-player version.

> 5) Are there different boards for 2-player & 4-player Football? If so, how
> can you tell which is which?

one says football, the other says 4-player football.

> 6) I have a two board stack Atari board from 1996 with no game names on it,
> but it's marked JAMMA, and the ROMS are labeled "DS1". Any ideas on what
> game this is? I thought it might be Dragon Spirit, but that game is from
> the late 80's.

Dragon Spirit is '87 I believe..not sure what you have.. I think Primal
Rage is '95.

> 7) Is Dig Dug a single board or multiple board set?

Single for Atari built games, Namco is a 2 board sandwich 'ala Galaga.

> 8) Are there different boards for 2-player & 4-player Warlords? If so, how
> can you tell which is which?

they are the same. The board has outputs both composite (mono) and RGB.
The URs are all 23" mono, the CTs all 13" color. The URs MAY be wired for
RGB though. Monte Carlo came out about the same time and has a color
monitor (19" Ehome GO7-fAO) but is also wired for a mono monitor as the
board, like warlords, has both outputs.