Re: Gottlieb RAM question

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 06:14:10 EDT

What speed 6116 chips are you using? I can't find a Krull schematic, but Mad Planets
used 6116LP-4 RAMs, which are 200 nS parts. Even then they still use one 4801 as a
background video buffer. That must have been a damn fast RAM, they "clock" the write
line with the H0 line! To do that the speed must have been in the under 100 nS area.