Testing PCBs...

From: Andrew Wilson <awilson_at_seanet.com>
Date: Fri Aug 17 2001 - 21:32:13 EDT

Hi all,

I'm thinking of putting together a test bench to help me work on PCBs, make
adaptors, etc. I'm going to wire up a JAMMA connector, and I figure I can
handle all the simple stuff (power supply, various switches, speakers). What
I don't have is a monitor for my test bench, and I don't really want to pony
up the money to buy a new monitor just for testing.

What do you folks typically use for monitors on their test bench? I know
that some (older) PC monitors are good for this purpose, but I'm not sure
what to look for to know whether the monitor will work for my test bench or
not. Any tips for me?

Failing that, if anyone in the Seattle area has an old working raster
monitor they'd like to sell cheap, let me know.

Thanks,

    Drew