Re: Q*bert sound board repair

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 11:17:20 EDT

        I actually thought I remembered there being more, but here's a
copy of Bob's response. I had no problem finding these:

jwelser@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Does anybody know if the DAC 1408A (I didn't recognize the
> manufacturer's symbol on the chips that are currently there) that is
> on Gottlieb sound boards is the same as a MC1408 DAC? I haven't
actually
> been able to find a datasheet for the MC1408, so I haven't compared
> pinouts. The numbers are the same and they're both 8-bit DACs, so I
> figured there is a good chance they're the same.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe

That is a Fairchild's part number & can be replaced with the MC1408-6
on the parts page or if you have access to DACs, any of these:

AMD AM1408-6/7 SSS1408A-7/8
AD AD1408-7/8/9
FAIRCHILD DAC1408A/AC/BC/CC
MOTOROLA MC1408-6/7/8
NATIONAL "
PMI DAC1408A-6/7/8
SIGNETICS MC1408-6/7/8

They are also used on the WMs snd bds & many others.

Happy Gaming.......

--
Big Bear  <bob147@bellsouth.net>  Thanks  The Real Bob Roberts?
     For parts http://personal.msy.bellsouth.net/~bob147