Re: Sharp Monitor Schematics

From: Kurt Mahan <kmahan_at_xmission.com>
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 13:21:43 EDT

Turns out that "KTE-XX" and "KTW-XX" are old and not on the website -- but
they are willing to fax out the schematics (I hope they are legible).

As an aside we talked about Sharp Image monitors and Isolation transformers
since that (or a lack of one) is what blew up this monitor.

The tech had this to say about Sharp Image monitors:

  - IF the SI monitor is an "old" monitor - chassis is a KTE-XX or KTW-XX
    then you HAVE to use an isolation transformer. Be sure to check the
    chassis.

  - IF the SI monitor is a "new" monitor - chassis is a SI-XXX then you
    shouldn't use an isolation transformer. And he said a common problem
    is people still wire them through the existing isolation transformer
    which is typically rated for .5A or 1A -- and these monitors draw
    slightly more than that (125W). So the transformers burn up.

Kurt