Re: TECH: Kortek Videomaster monitor failures

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 08:04:32 EDT

I have some schematics of these monitors (and other odd-ball ones from the 70's). Unfortunately the common problem is the flyback shorts out. I have no spares of these. We usually drop in an Electrohome monitor when these Korteks die...<br><br>
We do sell a LOPT/Flyback test meter kit and a capacitor ESR meter kit for servicing monitors, check our site for more info on these @ www.flippers.com<br><br>
John :-#)#<br><br>
At 07:48 AM 10/17/01, you wrote:<br>
Jon<br><br>
At 10:28 AM 10/17/2001 -0400, you wrote:<br>
&gt;I have two of these (both a 13&quot; and a 19&quot;) that have bad monitor boards. I<br>
&gt;have just started looking at them and they both have blown fuses (F602).<br>
&gt;Has anyone worked on a lot of these monitors? Is there a specific component<br>
&gt;that dies most of the time? What would cause F602 to blow? It looks to me<br>
&gt;that it's used on the 160 volt circuit. The 160v comes out of the flyback<br>
&gt;so I should be looking for a shorted component on the side of the fuse away<br>
&gt;from the flyback, right?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Thanks for any suggestions.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Werner Sharp<br>
&gt;sharpw@bellsouth.net<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;** To UNSUBSCRIBE from rasterlist, send a message with &quot;UNSUBSCRIBE&quot; in the<br>
&gt;** message body to rasterlist-request@synthcom.com. Please direct other<br>
&gt;** questions, comments, or problems to neil@synthcom.com.<br><br>