RE: Adhesive for control panel overlays?

From: Ray Ghanbari <ray_at_ghanbari.com>
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 01:35:42 EST

Contact cement is always good. However, remember that if you have crappy
adhesive on your vinyl, then your really good adhesive will stick to the
crappy adhesive, and the crappy adhesive will come off the vinyl.

What I did with my cabinet is use think formica (from the hardware store).
Basically indestructable (same stuff your kitchen counters are coated with)
and hard bonded to plywood with contact cement.

You'll need a router and a trim bit, but *extremely* durable (in fact, my
entire universal cabinet is coated with black formica...very nice)

Ray