WG 25K5501 (4 player Demolition Derby) - Standard or Medium res?

From: Joe Magiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 17:48:01 EST

Hi all,

Very inactive list, but I'm hoping someone could shed some light on
this. I have a Bally/Midway 4-player Demolition Derby "island" stand
around game.

The monitor in it is a Wells Gardner 25K5501 monitor. It's dead. Can
anyone say for sure if this is a medium or standard res monitor? I live
in the Chicago area and actually took it to Wells Gardner and they
didn't have records of that monitor and couldn't tell me. (Then again,
they definitely didn't seem to want to bother much to help me either).
About the only thing they did tell me is that it was based on and an
off-shoot of a 4900 monitor (which isn't medium res). But they wouldn't
rule out that this was a medium res.

-Does anyone know for sure what monitor this game used?
-Is there anyway to tell with some kind of measurement with a multimeter
(although I doubt that would help since it's pretty dead).
-Does anyone have the manual for this monitor?

I know it's easy to say it's medium res as the Atari System 2 games used
the WG25K5512, which are medium res, but the 2 player Demo Derby
definitely was a standard res.

Please help!

Joe
joemagiera@ameritech.com