Re: Is this legit?

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 12:22:39 EST

Ah, yes, but TV's normally used the forward &quot;ears&quot;. So find a 25&quot; colour TV from the 70's/80's and you probably can use the tube. Aim for a RCA or Electrohome if possible...they are almost identical to the monitors inside. Check the second hand shops and thrift stores...<br><br>
John :-#)#<br><br>
At 01:52 PM 14/02/2002 -0600, Joe Magiera wrote:<br>
the Demolition Derby project I'm working on).&nbsp; Does anyone know where I<br>
can get a 25&quot; color raster monitor (standard or medium res yet to be<br>
determined!)&nbsp; ;^)&nbsp; with the mounting ears forward (not recessed)? <br>
That's what the Demo Derby game uses, and a monitor with recessed ears<br>
won't fit right into the cabinet.<br><br>
I talked to a couple of monitor guys, including WG, and they basically<br>
said &quot;good luck&quot;.&nbsp; I guess like over 99.9% of monitors made/sold are<br>
with recessed ears.&nbsp; One person felt that ears forward would only be<br>
found on a special order.<br><br>
Joe<br>
joemagiera@ameritech.net<br><br>
tom mcclintock wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Actually, this works pretty well.&nbsp; Just pick up any 'non working' TV<br>
&gt; from the early to mid eighties, and you have a pretty good chance of<br>
&gt; getting one with the right pinout. Make sure the deflection angle is the<br>
&gt; correct one for your application (it is molded into the side of the<br>
&gt; tube), swap yokes, chassis and neckboard and presto - 'new' monitor. If<br>
&gt; all you are looking for is a new tube...<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; tm<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Rodger Boots wrote:<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; Doesn't sound real kosher to me --- if you want a monitor buy a real<br>
&gt; &gt; monitor.&nbsp; The performance will be much better.<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; &gt; Joe Magiera wrote:<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Can some of you that have way more technical background and knowledge<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; of monitors take a look at this:<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; http://www.genao.com/monitor.html<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; Does what he presents sound reasonable?&nbsp; My biggest flag is don't the<br>
&gt; &gt; &gt; neck pinouts vary from monitor to monitor?<br>