Re: 70's Midway board problem

From: Matt Rossiter <rossiter_at_ni.net>
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 19:41:12 EDT

Well, let's take two scenarios just so I understand this.

The ram addresses are between 2000-3FFF
Say it's reading an error at bit 59 along any address between 2000-3FFF

(..and this is where I'm going to look dumb 'cause I sometimes forget some of
this)

Would it mean I need to check the rams at bit 4, 5, and 1? or nearby
multiplexers/buffers?

Bit: 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0
      0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 = 59

Or lets say it finds an error on bit 12 at 20FF. I can't remember what it was
exactly.

I remember this being easy to troubleshoot. It's intermittant, otherwise I'd
use the old Midway ram tester.

I'm sorry if I sound so confused. :\

Matt