Re: Fw: Help Needed: Midway Space Invaders w/ no sound

From: Mark Shostak (DOS) <shostak_at_augustmail.com>
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 23:44:11 EST

Matt,

You might consider checking your voltages with the chip removed.
You will at least be able to see if something else is holding down your V+,
or if there is something wrong with the supply itself.

I've found shorted tantalum caps across the V+ supply before, but it's
always resulted in blowing the fuse in the bottom of the cabinet.

You haven't really said how you determined the ics are bad.
Shorted pins? IIRC, 6 or 8 of the pins are supposed to be shorted (gnd/heat sink).

Let us know what you find.

-Mark