Re: Fw: Help Needed: Midway Space Invaders w/ no sound

From: Matt Rossiter <rossiter_at_ni.net>
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 01:44:11 EST

Ok, I pulled out the chip and measured the voltages. The one I'm concerned
with the most is the audio voltage which was reading around 40 volts now!
No wonder it was blowing away chips. I did measure 6.5 volts at one time
(probably had something to do with pin 14 being shorted to ground), but
right now it's pretty high. I can hear the coin slot counter going nuts
too.

I double checked all the pins where the chips goes to make sure nothing is
shorted. I'm stumped. No fuses are blowing either. Help!

Matt