missing video lines on centipede?

From: Rod Spade <rodspade_at_paonline.com>
Date: Thu Dec 26 2002 - 15:49:26 EST

My Centipede is missing the left-most edge of the display: The left
column of mushrooms shows only the right side of the mushroom, and when
the centipede bounces off the left side, the left edge of the turning
centipede is cut off. It's completely black, as though the monitor just
isn't displaying those scan lines. (I believe the left side of the
screen is actually the top of the monitor.) I tried adjusting the
display size, and that didn't help.

So I hooked it up to the monitor in my Ms Pac-Man, and it looks exactly
the same! But in MAME you can definitely see clear to the left edge of
the left side. So either both my raster monitors have the same problem,
or it's actually an issue with my game board. But I don't get any error
indications when I go into the self-test screen.

Any ideas??