Re: Williams Power Supply Question

From: Dave Langley <robotron_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed Jan 01 2003 - 11:44:15 EST

<x-flowed>
At 07:56 pm 31 12 02, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Our power Williams power supply kit currently only provide power
>for the game boards, not the coin door. We are working on a
>new solution for replacing the entire power supply/transformer unit.

Recently I've started re-fitting the linear PSU's to my Williams games ...
after all the Silicon components and caps have been replace with new ones
of course.

You can actually get all the parts you need for a lot for less than the
price of a switcher. Mind you since the Defender type PSU does not have
over-voltage protection, I'll be using one of the in-line Stargate OVP
boards in my Defender!

Dave Langley
www.robotron-2084.co.uk