Re: Defender power supply requirements

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 22:40:46 EST

<x-flowed>
I have used both computer and video game switching supplies with no
problems on my Williams games. No issues with corrupt memory - and 'if'
that is the case I would suspect that the power-up reset circuit on the MPU
is failing. After all CPU's all want about 2 - 500ms of RESET before going
'live' and any switching supply worth it's salt will provide power in under
100ms. So if you have a problem with memory corruption, then I would be
replacing any timing capacitors in the RESET circuit...

As far as I can see Williams made no effort for their supply to come up in
any particular order...they all boot at once.

John :-#)#