Re: Way off topic, but thought I'd ask

From: <KEGowland_at_cs.com>
Date: Sun Mar 02 2003 - 05:52:30 EST

I'm sure you can get your very own pedestal unit fairly cheap. I might even
be able to get an empty shell without electronics or monitors from a supplier
I deal with. Lots of centers are upgrading since the AS-80's and AMF
MagicScore's are expensive to maintain (what kind of dummies keep trying to
use 20+ year old electronics... oh yeah, thats us arcade folks, too). If you
really want to get a kick, ask the mechanic if you can look at one of the
scanners - assuming it's a '79 or '86 model. Wanna really test him: ask him
to take out just the number 1 pin and then roll a ball down the gutter. If
it scores 1 and puts the letter "s" for split, then he knows his stuff; if it
just gives 1, then oh well, it works at least.

Kirby