Tech: WG4900 horizontal bar in picture

From: Noel Johnson <nej_at_airmail.net>
Date: Sun Mar 02 2003 - 13:10:38 EST

Hello all!

I have a problem which I have seen in about 3 WG4900's, so I figure it's
pretty common. I've already recapped the monitor, so I don't think it's
a problem with the electrolytics. When the vertical size is increased
beyond a certain point, a horizontal bar about 2" wide opens up in the
top half of the screen. The bar contains no color, it's a black band
going all the way across the screen. There remains a normal picture
both above and below the band.

Any help appreciated!
Noel