Re: Question about losing vertical deflection/repairing Nanao monitors?

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 02:16:59 EDT

<x-html>
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Try replacing any electrolytic capacitors in the vertical output stage (anything
that starts with C4xx?). &nbsp;I only have one PDF file for a Nanao monitor and
the scan of the schematic sucks to the point of being unreadable.<br>
Chris Bedwell wrote:<br>
 cite="mid20030412132706.6752.qmail@web104.mail.yahoo.com">
  <pre wrap="">Have you tried adjusting your settings for v-height
and h-height ?

It looks to me like its firing ( the gun ) off the
screen and bouncing back from the side of the tube..

I had it before on a couple of 20" nanao's - they are
pretty tech friendly and almost NEVER break down, i
would swap 2 non name for 1 nanao any day !

Let me know a bit more - try adjusting that setting
first, then let us all know how it went..

- Chris.
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.myarcadegames.com">www.myarcadegames.com</a>

 --- Andrew Wilson <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:andrew@aqualion.net">&lt;andrew@aqualion.net&gt;</a> wrote: &gt; A
friend of mine has a Nanao monitor in his JAMMA
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">cabinet (he's not sure how
to figure out which model, unfortunately).

His monitor works fine when you first power it up,
but within a few seconds
the image on the screen curls in on itself
vertically until it's only a few
inches tall. You can see the pictures here (the
monitor is rotated 90
degrees, but you get the idea):

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!----><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.aqualion.com/arcade/badmon/101_0167_r1.jpg">http://www.aqualion.com/arcade/badmon/101_0167_r1.jpg</a>
  </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!----><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.aqualion.com/arcade/badmon/101_0168_r1.jpg">http://www.aqualion.com/arcade/badmon/101_0168_r1.jpg</a>
  </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!----><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.aqualion.com/arcade/badmon/101_0172_r1.jpg">http://www.aqualion.com/arcade/badmon/101_0172_r1.jpg</a>
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Bonus points if you can guess what game that is :)

Anyhow, he'd like to either try fixing it himself,
or send it out to get it
fixed. We've tried searching the net for any
information or parts (capkits)
for Nanao monitors, but they don't seem to be very
common outside of Japan.

Does anyone have any debugging tips for him? It's
weird that it works for a
few seconds, then shrinks...

Thanks for any help,

-atw

    </pre>
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">** To UNSUBSCRIBE from rasterlist, send a message
with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
** message body to <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:rasterlist-request@synthcom.com">rasterlist-request@synthcom.com</a>.
Please direct other
** questions, comments, or problems to