RE: GO7 with low B+ voltage

From: Sean McLachlan <sean_at_lithoflexo.com>
Date: Sun Jun 22 2003 - 02:11:48 EDT

Hey, it's a one man thread!

Anyway, I got the replacement parts, and found C107 on the CRT board had
leaked and was missing a leg. "Ah ha," I say to myself. "I can't believe
this thing worked at all. Man, monitor repair is easy. Just look for bad
components and replace. I'll have this baby working great in no time."

So I solder everything, put the chassis back in and power it up. HV sings,
no smoke, nothing pops. Now to see my perfect picture. It's rolling on
both axis's still. So I fiddle with the V. Hold and H. Freq. Same thing as
before, it won't stabilize. I measure the B+. 105 VDC. Up 5 volts from
before, but still not good enough. Try to adjust it, and get nothing. I
can't adjust it up or down by any amount. Voltage on the other side of R1
is 165 VDC.

My original question about the X04/NTE94 swap still stands.
Randy's flowchart says to swap C904 if Voltage on both side if R1 is low, so
I think I'm OK there.
As soon as I get the low B+ sorted out, I move on to whatever else is wrong,
if anything.

What could be causing the low B+?