Re: Turkey Shoot help?

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 10:29:33 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: "joemagiera" <joemagiera@ameritech.net>
To: <rasterlist@vectorlist.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 07:54:22 -0500
Subject: RASTER: Turkey Shoot help?

> I'm hoping the great minds of the vector list also subscribe to the
> rasterlist and can help guide me in this repair effort. I'm hoping this
> list even works.

yes, this list works - not that you would notice ;-)

i love williams stuff, first you need to fix the -5 line.
change the caps and the 7905 regulator.
(i assume your using the original psu, otherwise your replacement is screwed)

this is because 90% of williams problems are caused by the ram, and most ram problems are caused by the psu.
4116's are very fussy about ALL the power rails.

see if you can burn your finger on any of the ram chips, when they fail they cook.

next check the eproms against the images in MAME.
if you dont have them i can mail them to you - roms are getting hard to find on the net.

if that dont help then try flexing the ribbon cable or swaping out the cpu.
i doubt it will be the cpu, but i have seen the ribbon cable fail on several defender pcb's.

good luck - let the games begin ;-)