WG 19K7302 Problem

From: Dave Dahm <dahmd_at_swbell.net>
Date: Sat Oct 04 2003 - 13:32:16 EDT

Hello all,

In April I installed a new WG7300 series monitor in my Defender UR to
replace an extremely temperamental WG4600. It had worked flawlessly until
last weekend when I switched the game on, the image was showing signs of
horizontal roll. I was able to adjust the Horiz-Osc control to obtain a
steady picture, however the image was offset by approximately 5 inches to
the left. I tried adjusting the horizontal position control, but was unable
to fully center the image. It was still shifted approximately 3 inches to
the left. I tried feeding input to the monitor from another game, and the
image still exhibited the same issues, stable but left shifted. I have even
tried changing the position of the sync polarity switch, but I can't see
that it makes any difference to the image.

I saw John Robertson's advice for a similar problem on a G07 and thought it
might help in this situation, however when I examined the schematic I saw
that pins 5 & 6 and 9 & 10 are already tied together at the PCB level. :(

Has anyone else on the list had a similar experience, or know where I might
begin to look for a failed component? I appreciate any assistance that
anyone may be able to offer.

Thanks,

Dave