Re: Any 19V1001 FAQ, repair guides or monitor fixers out there?

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 21:13:13 EST

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:11:09 -0600, you wrote:

>Anyone fix b/w Space Invaders type monitors? It's a 19V1001 I believe.
>(And to think I gave away 2 chassis' for these a couple months ago!) I know
>it's the monitor because I hooked up another b/w monitor and it worked fine.
>Chicago area would be great, but anywhere.

        Well, if worst comes to worst, Eldorado Games out in California
(www.eldoradogames.com) will work on these; they're the same chassis as the
19"/23" B&W Motorola chassis they have listed on their Monitors page.
($139 for an exchange/rebuild is a bit pricey, to be sure, but it never
hurts to know what your options are. :) )

>Or, for a learning experience, are there any FAQ's or repair guides for
>these monitors anywhere? I would love to learn to fix these myself.

        The monitor manual (which can be found at
http://www.mikesarcade.com/arcade/manuals/monitor/WG-19V1001.pdf ) has
quite a bit of info about these, actually... depends on your level of
expertise, of course. :)

        What kind of problems is it giving you? Not powering up, scrambled
picture, or...?
"In ancient times, they believed that there were only four kinds of matter:
Earth, Water, Air, and Fire. Nowadays, of course, we know that there are
actually four states of matter: Solid, Liquid, Gas, and Plasma. Thank God
for progress!" ---(Kelvin Throop III)