Seawolf midway 8080

From: SteveT <stuorto_at_suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Sun Jan 04 2004 - 01:13:14 EST

I've got a midway 8080 main board (seawolf) that comes up (now) with
vertical bars ...looks and acts like the "H" rom is pulled per the
Midway faq.
So I need to verify the chips or make another set.
Now for the problem/question :
The manual calls the roms used 3604-6 which come up as 512x8 chips.
But there are only 4 chips on the board , and there are 4 mame files but
they are 1k in size.
Assuming the game requires 4K then the roms on the board can not be 3604
as stated in the service manual. I found another txt document that
suggested they are 9316?
Question 1:...what are they?
Question 2: since I can't read or write 1k chips , how can the board be
re-configured for 2k (2716) or does it have to be TMS2716?

Question 3: can the board be configured to pack the 4-1k files into 2
2716's without altering the board?

I realize that I could drop one address line and use half of a 2716? for
the 1k code but using 2 chips instead of 4 seems smarter or one 2732.

Anyone have experience on this.

Steve