Re: Seawolf midway 8080

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Sun Jan 04 2004 - 03:36:10 EST

Midway (and later Bally) were real big on using 9316s. No reason you
can't use a 2716, but the output enable and chip select pins may have to
be connected elsewhere (or jumpers reconfigured) to make them access at
the correct addresses. The 9316 could have those lines designated as
any combination at the time of manufacture.

The Space Invaders schematics show how to jumper the board for 2716s. I
snagged that part of the schematic and blew it up. It's enclosed with
the copy of this answer that I emailed directly to Steve.