Re: Space Invaders monitor, constant blooming

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 20:42:27 EST

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:11:47 -0600, you wrote:

>http://www.joesarcade.com/joem/, then click on Space_Invaders_monitor2.avi.
>If you can't get it, I'll email it to you. Note, this movie is NOT sped up,
>that's how fast it's doing it.

        Like, wow, that's totally psychedelic, dude. :)

        At a guess, I'd say your anode voltage isn't stable. It looks like
it's coming up to full voltage, then slowly dropping down, then suddenly
snapping back up to full, then dropping again... It'd probably have a kind
of a sawtooth-wave look on a scope:

\ |\ |\ |\ |
 \ | \ | \ | \ |

        (Not that I recommend connecting your scope to the HV lead, of course.
:) ) My 19V1001 schematics are in my filing cabinet at the shop, so I'll
have to check 'em tomorrow before I can give you more than a half-educated
guess, but in the meantime have you tried replacing the electrolytics and
checking the diodes in the power-supply section?
"In ancient times, they believed that there were only four kinds of matter:
Earth, Water, Air, and Fire. Nowadays, of course, we know that there are
actually four states of matter: Solid, Liquid, Gas, and Plasma. Thank God
for progress!" ---(Kelvin Throop III)