RE: Space Invaders control problems fixed, now sound problems

From: joemagiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 15:39:40 EST

The dip switch settings for this particular Space Invaders Deluxe were in
cocktail mode, and for some reason, when the board is in an upright game,
player two in a two player game, you couldn't move to the left. You could
fire and move to the right, but just couldn't move to the left. Switched
the dip switches back to upright, and all worked fine.

Well almost, I suspect a few of you are aware of James Marous' excellent
Space Invaders sound problem debug page:

http://my.erinet.com/~jamesm/tech/Sisound_right.htm

My question is that page is specific to a Space Invaders sound board. Does
anyone know if the locations represented there are the same for a Space
Invaders Deluxe sound board? I know the main/large boards are
interchangeable betweent the two games, but the sound boards are not, hence
my question (as I do have some sound issues on this SID board).

Thanks,

Joe