Atari 720°

From: Christopher Bedwell <chris_at_myarcadegames.com>
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 10:57:24 EST

My 720° machine ( which I bought 2 days ago ) needs
some things, hoping this list of great and helpful
people (grovelling) can help me on my quest for a
total restore and rebuild of this machine !

1.) The header, sideart and CP overlay are pretty
minced... who's the best person to see for overlays ?
Whats an average price, does anyone have a complete
set.. not inkjet - screen only on good quality vinyl
with 3m backing adhesive.

2.) I need a manual and schematic for the machine.

3.) The joystick was dropped and the controller board
( with optics ) are fubar, cracked and had some
halfassed repair done on them by someone who had
ABSOLUTELY no soldering or electronics skill - I think
maybe they paid a chimp with a banana to solder this
thing and do a repair.. its disgusting, lifted
tracks.. blobs of solder you can land a small plane on
and someone's tried to repair the stick - its all
sloppy and minced.
I will probably dice the stick, its good to neither
man nor beast..

4.) T-Edging, Did 720 originally come with silver or
black edging ? - where's the best, cheapest place for
chrome edging - that will ship international.( I am in
Perth, Western Australia ).

5.) The monitor is a bit shaky, its a WG 25 (or 26")
what was the model # - and does anyone have a lead for
a capkit to suit this chassis..
( I think a capkit would fix this ) dont know if it's
been done, or if needs it - but never hurts to ask.
I assume it hasnt considering the last guy who had it
had NFI about working on 720°'s.

All help appreciated !

- Chris.
www.myarcadegames.com