Re: Atari 720°

From: Jon Raiford <eudora_at_raiford.org>
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 11:43:33 EST

At 02:57 AM 2/27/2004 +1100, you wrote:
>2.) I need a manual and schematic for the machine.

I'm pretty sure these are online. I know the monitor manual is online (I scanned it)

>3.) The joystick was dropped and the controller board
>( with optics ) are fubar, cracked and had some
>halfassed repair done on them by someone who had
>ABSOLUTELY no soldering or electronics skill - I think
>maybe they paid a chimp with a banana to solder this
>thing and do a repair.. its disgusting, lifted
>tracks.. blobs of solder you can land a small plane on
>and someone's tried to repair the stick - its all
>sloppy and minced.
>I will probably dice the stick, its good to neither
>man nor beast..

The controller board is interchangeable with some trackball, I think. I had to replace my optic board, but that was a couple years ago. I really forget what I used.

>4.) T-Edging, Did 720 originally come with silver or
>black edging ? - where's the best, cheapest place for
>chrome edging - that will ship international.( I am in
>Perth, Western Australia ).

I believe it came with silver

>5.) The monitor is a bit shaky, its a WG 25 (or 26")
>what was the model # - and does anyone have a lead for
>a capkit to suit this chassis..
>( I think a capkit would fix this ) dont know if it's
>been done, or if needs it - but never hurts to ask.
>I assume it hasnt considering the last guy who had it
>had NFI about working on 720°'s.

Its a 25K5515. It is a derivative of a 4900. You will just need to compare the 4900 cap kit with the 5515 parts list. Just substitute the 5515 part and you will have a cap kit for it.

Jon