RE: ISO: RAM for Joust board

From: <mike_ranger_at_dofasco.ca>
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 08:56:45 EST

Cool, that really works? :-)

Mike Ranger

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Bradley [mailto:nb@synthcom.com]
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 1:28 AM
To: rasterlist@vectorlist.org
Cc: vectorlist@vectorlist.org
Subject: Re: RASTER: ISO: RAM for Joust board

> I see Bob Roberts has 4116, 4164, and 4264. Does anyone know if the
> 4264 will work?

The 4164s will definitely work with minor modifications:

http://www.robotron-2084.co.uk/techwilliams4164.html

Dunno what Bob's prices are on them, but here's a guy on eBay that has
100 of them that didn't go for $9.98:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2598071507&category=5
0914

> The only thing I could find about it on the internet (see link
> below) shows it is fast enough but also something about a 4ms refresh.

> Any other places to get RAM at reasonable prices? Thanks!

I've verified that the 4164s do work in a Defender with the power supply
mod above (get rid of that nasty -5V rail!), plus the RAMs run much
cooler, too.

-->Neil

-------
Neil Bradley "Your mistletoe is no match for my T.O.W.
missile!"
Synthcom Systems, Inc. - Santabot - Futurama
ICQ #29402898