Re: Space Invaders Monitor

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Sat Dec 11 2004 - 03:37:56 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: "Matthew Rossiter" <rossiter@ni.net>
To: rasterlist@vectorlist.org
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:59:26 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RASTER: Space Invaders Monitor

> I have a midway Space Invaders game working 100%. The only thing is, the
> monitor doesn't seem as bright as it should be. I can turn up the
> brightness pretty high, but the characters quickly loose their sharp
> definition. At one time I had another Space Invaders with a perfectly
> bright and sharp picture so I swapped the entire monitor and tube and put
> it into the my cabinet but I still have the exact same problem. So the
> only two culprits are either the wiring or the power supply. I've even
> tried swapping the motherboard back and forth. The tube has been tested
> and is very good.

check the voltage supplying the monitor (from the pcb - NOT the loom)

and look at the video cable, i had a b/w game once and the cable was shielded for a good reason - composhite video is easy to defocus or distort.

i am assuming here that your invaders is a midway b/w version(the 'L' pcb-set), not a taito colour version(3 pcb set).