ITS ALIVE!!!!!

From: James McGovern <James_at_retroblast.com>
Date: Sun Mar 06 2005 - 01:07:19 EST

Tron is ALIVE!

I cleaned the boards, the board's pins and replaced the ribbon cables with
50 pin SCSI cables. Plugged it back in and still no sound.

I hooked up the crappy "test" monitor again and figured out where my blue
went. There was a little adapter left over from galaxian that re-routed the
RGB pins. I removed that, plugged it in and bingo! Blue is back including
all of the text (scores etc). I am convinced the remaining video issues are
all related to the crappy monitor.

Now the sound. How's this for a noob mistake? **clears throat**

YOU NEED TO COIN-UP BEFORE YOU WILL HEAR SOUND! THERE IS NO SOUND IN THE
ATTRACT MODE ON TRON!

-ahem

So sound is there and sounds great too.

I need to put the trigger back in the joystick, someone thought it would be
a good idea to pull it out for some reason, but the joystick movements work
as does the spinner!

I think a capkit on the original monitor and the trigger install and this is
a fully operational game though still in need of ALOT of TLC.