Re: No picture on k4900 - dumb VOM question

From: James McGovern <James_at_retroblast.com>
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 20:49:48 EST

So next steps and results are:

- Examine the jumper wire J33 as well as other jumper wires on the 130VDC
trace. (Done and look visually intact and ok)

- Inspect chassis for bad solders and or hairline cracks in pcb, (done and
looks ok, have not resoldered anything yet. )

Measure voltage at the metal case of Q352, the transistor on the side of the
chassis closest to the HV unit.

Question: I am a bit confused by the statement, "Measure the voltage at the
metal case." Does this mean that my red lead will go on the metal housing
on the outside of the chassis with the COM lead to the chassis frame?

Is it that white compound that unsulates the frame from the metal case?

In the pic below you can see the transistor, Q352 in the yellow box to the
right.

pic is here:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,33450.msg290847.html#msg290847