RE: Stargate power supply & documentation question

From: Dave Langley <robotron_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon Mar 28 2005 - 15:49:09 EST

At 21:31 28 03 2005, you wrote:
> > but I've had several of the Stargate OVP
> > boards (well they are ONLY in the Stargate manual) come in attached to
> > Single piece PSU's, I always assumed that they were from Stargates ...
> > ever seen one in a Defender that was there from new?
>
>You got me, what does OVP mean?

Over Voltage Protection ... it's in the Stargate manuals (mine anyway).

It plugs in-line between the one part PSU at connector 4J2 and the Harness
at plug 4P2.

It's covered in the schematics (16P-3002-103 - December, 1981) on the LHS
of page 9.

I've also found a pic of a game with the one part PSU in the instruction
manual (16P-3002-101 - October, 1981) on page 22, though this does not show
the OVP board (though it acknowledges that it is missing) ... this of
course could be a pre production game!

For those that dont have them already and want to look at what we're
talking about they should be downloadable from here:
http://www.robotron-2084.co.uk/manualsstargate.html

Dave Langley
www.robotron-2084.co.uk