Re: Pole Position displays just a blue screen ?

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Mon Sep 12 2005 - 12:44:41 EDT

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005, John Robertson wrote:

> > Unplug ARs and see if rectifiers under chassis or big blue is shorted.
>
> Yes, this you can do with an ohm-meter - save on fuses...a good capacitor
> should show a low resistance, changing to a high resistance over a number of
> seconds.

Will do.

The computer PS is looking like a better option, especially since I have
those and no fuses. PP doesn't have any weird voltages, 5V for the board,
the 6.3vac for the lamps should work at 5dc also, which leaves the lockout
coils, and I would think 12v regulated is a good replacement for 10.3 unreg.

That leaves a two-channel audio amp (which I happen to have), and the
isolation transformer for the monitor. I can either leave the old
brick in place, or (I assume) replace with something smaller that isn't
transforming power I don't need.