Re: Re[2]: Re[2]: Ms. Pac-Man Monitor (WG?) bends UPDATE

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Fri Sep 15 2006 - 12:14:35 EDT

peter jones wrote:
> [...]

Let's back WAY up folks:

"the bar on the right hand side of the monitor is still there"---This is
NOT a hum bar, this is his original horizontal sync tear. This will
always be there if composite sync is used instead of separate sync. It
can be minimized by careful adjustment of horizontal hold/horizontal
frequency/horizontal phase (or whatever creative term they use on this
particular monitor).

A hum bar will usually drift across the screen. Remember the simple hum
bar rule:
        ONE hum bar=bad diode, fuse, or connector resistance
        TWO hum bars=bad capacitor

Remember, this is MS Pac Man, the power supply circuits are on the game
board, the capacitors are on the game board. If the hum isn't loud
enough to be a bother LEAVE IT ALONE. A lot of these games hummed a
little mostly due to grounding and unshielded wiring.