I,Robot ASIC Replacements... interest?

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_askey.org>
Date: Sat Sep 23 2006 - 02:32:05 EDT

Im fairly close to having a prototype replacement PCB created to replace
the custom ASIC on I,Robot. I still have to test plus it would be few
months before I make them if there is even enough interest to make it
worthwhile. Here is what I know so far, if you think you might be
interested, let me know. I will probably post this to RGVAC in a couple
of days as well. Any input or comments appreciated. Email if you have
questions.

Rasterfarians will get the high quality machined pin version for the
price of the cheaper one. :-)

I am only going to make 25-50 of these most likely.

I,Robot ASIC Replacement PCB

- Replaces the previously irreplaceable custom ASIC on the video PCB
with common TTL chips and two PROMS.
- All IC's socketed on a high quality 2-layer soldermasked and
silkscreened daughtercard
- PCB is approximately 4"x6" and contains 30 IC's
- Card Schematics and binary PROM images supplied with purchase for all
you hardcore owners.

Estimated Prices... (parts are from ExpressPCB, Mouser and
arcadechips.com(PROM's), if you have suggestions on better sources, let
me know)

Card with Higher Quality Machined Pin Sockets $114
Card with Lower Quality Dual-Wipe Sockets $99

thanks for listening....

jess