Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: Green Color Maxed out on WG 4600

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Sun Oct 29 2006 - 12:00:35 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Soderstrom <tim@moocowproductions.org>
To: rasterlist@vectorlist.org
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 10:12:31 -0600
Subject: Re: RASTER: Re[2]: RASTER: Re[2]: RASTER: Green Color Maxed out on WG 4600

> Wow I guess everyone loves to hate those 4700's :) I myself have not
> had a great experience thus far :) The monitor itself is in good
> shape were it not for the screen curl, red-mis-alighnment and now the
> green issue. The color sure is nice though :P
>
> I took your advise, however, and did some research on the WG K7000.
> According to their website, it looks like it is used for Pac-Man and
> Ms. Pac-Man games, and it's only $230. TwoBits I think also sells a
> conversion kit which might be why it is so expensive, although I'm
> thinking they they are probably selling something like a K7000 over
> the 4600 if you can easily drop it in? *shrug* And speaking of, is
> there anything I would need to do in order to convert my cab to use a
> K7000? Or even an Electrohome for that matter? And can I expect any
> difference in visual appeal? I noticed that it looks a whole heck of
> a lot better to work on, being that everything is on a single board...

the G07 is from the same era and is a direct swap including the plugs usually,

the K7000 is much newer, has a nice tinted tube usually and should connect without any more work than changing a plug or 2, you can even get an FST version if buying new.

rgb is rgb, just check the voltage on the 7000, i'm sure it's the same as the old stuff (110-120)

the only thing i could think of is the bolt holes being in a different place - you can check that by comparing the g07/k7000 manuals against your pacman with a ruler or tape.
:)

the cheapest option btw is just to get some crap generic cab off ebay for $20 such as streetfighter7 or some other crap. :)