Re: Re[2]: Re[2]: Green Color Maxed out on WG 4600

From: Tim Soderstrom <tim_at_moocowproductions.org>
Date: Sun Oct 29 2006 - 11:12:31 EST

Wow I guess everyone loves to hate those 4700's :) I myself have not
had a great experience thus far :) The monitor itself is in good
shape were it not for the screen curl, red-mis-alighnment and now the
green issue. The color sure is nice though :P

I took your advise, however, and did some research on the WG K7000.
According to their website, it looks like it is used for Pac-Man and
Ms. Pac-Man games, and it's only $230. TwoBits I think also sells a
conversion kit which might be why it is so expensive, although I'm
thinking they they are probably selling something like a K7000 over
the 4600 if you can easily drop it in? *shrug* And speaking of, is
there anything I would need to do in order to convert my cab to use a
K7000? Or even an Electrohome for that matter? And can I expect any
difference in visual appeal? I noticed that it looks a whole heck of
a lot better to work on, being that everything is on a single board...

Thanks Again! I think this is likely the route I will eventually
go...for now, I guess I'll have to play Ms. Pac-Man using mame until
I can get mine fixed :P

Tim