Re[2]: Re[2]: Green Color Maxed out on WG 4600

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Sun Oct 29 2006 - 10:23:27 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Soderstrom <tim@moocowproductions.org>
To: rasterlist@vectorlist.org
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 08:51:46 -0600
Subject: Re: RASTER: Re[2]: RASTER: Green Color Maxed out on WG 4600

> Wow, well thanks for everyone's help on the matter! Is swapping the
> signals fairly easy?

very easy.

> I think either way, it looks as though this particular issue has
> exceeded by technical abilities :P Is this type of work something a
> TV repairman can do? I know someone who can likely help me with the
> cap-kit and probably even the solder joins, but I don't think we can
> go as far as to fix this issue. At least not yet :)

if he can change caps then he can swap wires and change transistors.

> If it helps, I will say that the last adjustments I made recently
> were the neck pots. I was trying to help mitigate the mis-alignment
> of the red (towards the bottom left-hand corner it is worse and quite
> noticeable)

that sounds like a magnetic field problem - not electronic

> *shrug* Anyone know of a good place to find 4600's? :) I know TwoBits
> sells them new for $329.

4600's are shit - dont touch them,
they arent even monitors, they are converted television chassis - look at the spaces for a tuner and composite stuff.

if you have to replace it and want something original then find an electrohome G07,
something newer would be a wells-gardner K7000.

both a hell of a lot cheaper than that piss-taking quote you provided.

$329 ??? they must be on drugs - a 4600 isnt worth $29 ecept maybe for the tube.

you should get a used G07 or K7000 for well under $100 in the trade.
in the u.k. i can get a 19" K7000 or hantarex polo for about &#163;35 ($50-60)
hell, $329 is more than the price of a brand new monitor from a dealer like wico complete with warranty etc.

and i do mean *new* not something from the back of a warehouse that spent 27 years drying it's capacitors out - that's right, you would still need to change the caps if it's old even if it was never used.