Re: The value of a second opinion :) WG K7200 Monitors

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Mon Nov 27 2006 - 14:45:52 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Soderstrom <tim@moocowproductions.org>
To: rasterlist@vectorlist.org
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:18:57 -0600
Subject: RASTER: The value of a second opinion :) WG K7200 Monitors

> So I have been on the rec.games.video.arcade.collecting lately while
> in search for my replacement monitor for my Pac-Man cabinet (yes,
> still looking :P). I was ever so close to deciding upon a WG K7200
> series. However, if you go to wellsgardner.com, you will see that
> they pulled the shelf-mount K7200's, offering instead the D770:
>
> http://www.wellsgardner.com/products/details.asp?sPartNum=WGE1972-
> H0GS39L
>
> I e-mailed Jeff Gardner (coincidence?), one of the sales guys there
> and he said that the D770 is a drop-in replacement that simply has
> digital controls over the analog pots. Seems fine. I asked the
> newsgroup and basically got a bunch of hate rant about WG. People
> were pointing out having to replace the electrolytics after 6 months,
> and even had issues with the traces on the board pulling up.

well the k7000 series has been global for over 15 years and i'v not heard these things,
the electrolytics sound strange - they should have a factory life of 2000 hours minimum at maximum rating.
as for tracks, i always suspect the user when i hear these things.

the digital sounds interesting, if it has remote buttons on a small board you could put it inside the coindoor and not need a mirror. :)

i never expected you to buy a new one when we last spoke on this btw, i thought you would buy a $20 jamma cab on ebay and gut it.

as for happ, i cant say anything nice about them, the monitors will be copies of something else, like all there stuff.

there joysticks are junk, coinmech's are stoneage and they are very expensive in general.
(a bit like suzo in that respect)

can you get WG to send you the manual for this new monitor?
afterall they cant expect you to buy something you cant see.
(your link is dead btw.)