Re: Re: The value of a second opinion :) WG K7200 Monitors

From: Tim Soderstrom <tim_at_moocowproductions.org>
Date: Mon Nov 27 2006 - 15:06:28 EST

That's basically what I figured. It sounded to me like a few guys had
some bad experiences; and I think that happens with most any company
for any product. What soudned strange to me is that they complained
about the monitor crapping out but never bothered with making use of
the 1yr warranty. As for the link, it looks like they might be
updating their site. This one should work:

http://www.wellsgardner.com/products/details.asp?iCat=3&iSubCat=44

It's the same price as the K7200 and the sales guy mentioned it being
a drop-in replacement with the only difference being the digital
controls over the analog pots (so it's still the same tube, standard
res CGA s the 7200). The newsgroup mentioned the digital monitors
being harder to work on (due to the additional electronics?) but the
sales guy said it should be similar. I am still waiting for pictures;
he said they should be up soon - maybe today if they are updating the
site.

As for buying used, the thought had crossed my mind but it needs to
be local (in the San Antonio, TX) area. One of the hookups I had
already sold all of the cabs. There is a place for arcade equipment
here that I have been meaning to check out. So it still remains a
possibility, but at this point I don't really mind throwing down the
cash as long as I know it'll be worth it :) Which is why I am now in
such a quandary.

I think getting a WG is worth a shot really, despite what I'm
hearing. Personal experience says a lot, after all. And the salesguy
has at least been very helpful thus far. I also can't imagine arcade
and amusement manufacturers continuing to go with WG if they indeed
are as bad as the newsgroup says

*shrug*

Tim