Re: Tron troubleshooting/repair

From: Mark E Davidson <Mark_at_basementarcade.com>
Date: Thu Jun 07 2007 - 17:21:24 EDT

Tron is part of the MCR line of games so I can lend some advice here.
 From my experience, if you are starting with a dead game, work on the
power supply first. It’s best to be able to test the PS board in another
working MCR game (Tapper, domino man, wacko, spy hunter etc) to make
sure it works. Common problems are in the reset line that starts the
game. No reset line… game no workie. The reset circuit was right next to
the battery that as often leaked all over the place. If testing your
board is not an option try to get a tested an working one from a
reliable source.

Item 2 Replace both big blue caps in the machine. I have seen, on more
then one occasion, those caps pass enough AC that a working board, won’t
run. And you wont see it with your meter because it will appear that the
correct voltages are being delivered to your game board.. What you won’t
see is all the ripple that it’s getting too :-(

-=Mark=-