Tron progress made (yay)

From: EvilJim <eviljim13_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon Oct 29 2007 - 18:47:08 EDT

Alright, after rebuilding some buss bars, replacing the electrolytics
and fixing one previous (and really ugly) repair, we have life out of
the Tron. Hooray! Power seems to be good (and clean) to the cabinet
and the logic. On power-up, while I didn't get the perfect attract mode
response that would negate the need for this posting, I did get an image
on the monitor.

That image is: ROM error 06

While I do have the original Tron manual, there is no info in it
concerning error codes. Therefore my question would be, does this
translate to some particular error or is this just telling me that
something is wrong with the 6th ROM on the board?

I tend to expect it means the latter, and if so, is this the point where
I replace all the sockets on the boards? A daunting prospect to say the
least. I think I can do it, I'm just concerned about how much trouble I
might cause, mostly getting the old ones off. (Heat issues, lifting
traces and the like.) If I am looking at a re/programming issue, while
I believe I do have access to a burner at the lab, I have never used
one. My main concern there is where I actually obtain a known good copy
of the image to burn to the chip.

I got to this point when it was time for me to leave the lab, so I have
been unable to do things like logic probe the inputs/outputs on ROM 6,
or pull/seat all the chips again.

Thanks for all the help so far, and TIA for the help I hope follows this
posting. =)