Tron Resurrection

From: EvilJim <eviljim13_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Dec 07 2007 - 11:49:59 EST

Electronically speaking, the revival of my Tron is now complete! Thnx
to the list for all the help in getting this going, particularly that
ROM image, Peter.

As a synopsis, the major errors were:

Corroded/damaged 90412 PS: bad design, plenty of component rework
No logic: failed (shorted) buss bars
ROM error D6: bit-rot in the EPROM
Lack of CP function: failure in the board connectors, no switch return line
Stuck on garbage screen: "low" voltage to the Reset circuit, pulled "the
purple wire"
Player 1 start "stuck": failed octal buffer

All except the Reset issue has been resolved and the game now functions
at 100% aside from that. Thanks to Tim on the new image for D2, very
nice work on the freeplay code, particularly the fact that it is
non-damaging to the original components. I'll never reverse it, but
it's nice to know I could.

Now on to the hard part, restoration of the horribly disintegrating
cabinet. I hope to get that done in a timely enough manner to get
photos up, but it could be a while.

Thanks again everyone!