Re: Need some help with an Atari Switching Power Supply

From: Matt Rossiter <matt_at_rossiters.com>
Date: Wed Jul 09 2008 - 18:06:49 EDT

Thanks Tim!

These are great suggestions and I will definitely try them out. Much
better than disabling the shutdown pin on the regulator. :)

I think I may have found the culprit. One of the two capacitors, C29 and
C31, is bad. I believe it's C31. I don't get any reading on it with my
capacitance meter.
I'm waiting for my order of parts to come in. Once the replacements are
back in - I will try your method.

At one time I used a single IC to put a 5v load on the power supply and it
still shutdown. Apparently it doesn't like any load at all.

I will let you know in a day or two how it goes.

Matt