Re: How do I modify this TV to use with PONG?

From: Matt Rossiter <matt_at_rossiters.com>
Date: Tue Aug 26 2008 - 23:30:53 EDT

Thanks John,

Hopefully I can get a few pointers from this group on how to bias
those transistors because I'm not exactly sure myself.

Q204 from http://games.rossiters.com/manuals/Pong/TV-Schematic.jpg
[1] (Highlighted in Blue)
B=2.45v
C=55.5v
E=1.89v

Q408 from http://games.rossiters.com/manuals/Pong/Video-IF-Module.jpg
[2] (Highlighted in Blue)
B=2.81v
C=14.43v
E=2.16v

Would I be able to bias those transistors using one of these models?
http://web.telia.com/~u85920178/begin/bias-00.htm [3]
Obviously I would have to figure out the values for the resistors.

-----

"You want to insert the signal at the base of Q408 (second schematic)
after disconnecting the "Tank" (L407). You MUST have a line isolated
monitor/TV, and I am not sure how to bias the base of Q408 correctly
- you need to research that a bit!

For the first schematic you want to again insert the signal to the
Video Amp - Q204 on that page. Again the Base bias needs to be set

correctly..."

Links:
------
[1] http://games.rossiters.com/manuals/Pong/TV-Schematic.jpg