Re: How do I modify this TV to use with PONG?

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue Aug 26 2008 - 16:20:48 EDT

Matt Rossiter wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm almost finished with this Pong machine. I just need some help
> modifying this black and white TV so that I can see the video and hear
> the sound properly. As I understand it, I need to separate the
> internal connection between the audio filters and the video amplifier
> signal. Where do I do that?
>
> I put a copy of the schematics for this TV here.
> http://games.rossiters.com/manuals/Pong/TV-Schematic.jpg
>
> and then here is the Video IF Module schematics -
> http://games.rossiters.com/manuals/Pong/Video-IF-Module.jpg
>
> I have schematics of the other modules if needed.
>
> If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated. Laughing
>
> Matt

You want to insert the signal at the base of Q408 (second schematic)
after disconnecting the "Tank" (L407). You MUST have a line isolated
monitor/TV, and I am not sure how to bias the base of Q408 correctly -
you need to research that a bit!

For the first schematic you want to again insert the signal to the Video
Amp - Q204 on that page. Again the Base bias needs to be set correctly...

John :-#)#

                 www.flippers.com