Re: WTB: Broken 19VLUP22 tube or mounting ear

From: Mit Matelske <mit_at_sweeet.net>
Date: Mon May 04 2009 - 01:37:08 EDT

> Yes... I agree....
>
> Which is why I thought a good strong structural epoxy resin would solve
> the
> problem, so I could glue the ear back on without causing any damage to the
> existing strap ? - Is this still a barking mad idea, or does it sound the
> most sensible solution ?
>
> Regards, Colin

John-

I have the tube sans the the mounting strap sitting on the floor of my
living room. I am not worried about it imploding. The strap serves the
purpose of holding the four mounting ears on, not structurely (sp?)
holding the tube in one piece.

I definitely appreciate your concern, and your experience over the years.
As I googled for some ears for this tube one of the first links was me
asking about the same thing... 11 years ago. Oh, how time flies!

Have a good one,

Mit