TDA1004 Audio Amplifier

From: Matthew Rossiter <matt_at_rossiters.com>
Date: Fri Jun 26 2009 - 03:09:13 EDT

I have a couple of questions about this TDA1004 Amplifier IC that is found on many Atari B/W games. I hope someone can answer.

1) Does anyone know of a source for these or a suitable replacement?

2) What is the best glue to use when gluing those big copper heatsinks back on? Arctic Silver Thermal Adhesive?

I've been looking around the internet and haven't found much discussion at all on these. I can only find a diagram, no datasheets - so far.

thanks,

Matt