Anyone want a WG4600 for free (plus shipping)?

From: Tim Soderstrom <tim_at_moocowproductions.org>
Date: Sat Aug 15 2009 - 11:57:23 EDT

Since I upgraded to a Vision Pro II, I have no need for my old WG4600.
I know that, somehow, some people actually like the 4600's (actually,
it seems to have better color then the Vision Pro). So, if anyone
wants it, let me know. I'm not selling it - I'm giving it away, so all
I ask is that you pay for shipping. I already have it ready to go in
the box the Vision Pro came in.

The monitor itself works great save for a bend on the top of the
screen and some color alignment issues. I believe the color alignment
can be fixed by adjusting the electron guns using adjustments on the
yoke, but that was well beyond what I was comfortable doing. I don't
know how to fix the screen bend though it seems to be related to the
sync signal. It also has burn-in of Ms. Pac-Man but a tint screen
pretty much fixes that. I have the original tint screen I can throw in
(it does have a few scratches though).

I gave it a cap. kit a few years ago, so apart from the above stuff,
it seems to work quite well. I'm giving it away though so, of course,
it is 'as-is'.

No idea what shipping will cost but it was about $20 to ship the
Vision Pro a few states over. I'm out of Texas.

Let me know in a few days because otherwise it's going on Craig's List
or eBay.

Tim